A stretched acrylic sheet which is to be formed into a vision panel at an elevated temperature has its major surfaces reheated to an elevated temperature for polishing prior to the formation of the final vision panel.
- Preheat billet of acrylic sheet to a stretching temperature.
- Apply stretching forces to the billet of material.
- Cool the stretched acrylic sheet to below softening temperature, before relaxing the stretching forces.
- Heat major surfaces of the stretched sheet to generate additional surface deformations.
- Cool the stretched sheet.
- Polish the major surfaces to remove deformations.
- Form a panel from the stretched acrylic sheet.
Sustainability. The Key To Future Value.
We have placed sustainability, environment, social and governance (ESG) issues at the very center of our focus. Not simply to comply with regulations and standards, but to drive true change that transforms tomorrow. This, we believe, is how real value is created.
Looking for a specific product, solution, or help with product development, prototyping and testing? Spartech has the team, skills, resources, and production facilities to meet your needs. Use these links to search our products, discover our range of specialized solutions, and learn more about our 90,000 square foot St. Louis Innovation Center.
Citations, attribution, and content source(s) for this article
United States Patent US4361527A
https://patents.google.com/patent/US4361527A/en (accessed August 13, 2022).