Extreme™ LG is low gloss, high performance TPO sheet engineered for improved thermoforming characteristics. Extreme™ LG provides a wide processing range, enabling consistent, controlled sag performance for stable thermoforming. For OEMs Extreme™ LG provides excellent cold crack resistance, outstanding chemical resistance, and a medium to low gloss molded-in-color surface. Along with the improved processing window, Extreme™ LG provides the most cost effective TPO in the marketplace for large part thermoforming applications.
Features and Benefits
- Low gloss cap surface
- Tough, high impact TPO structure
- Integral UV-protective package
- Wide thermoforming processing window
- Resilient to high vibration applications
- Low CLTE for dimensional stability
Target Markets & Applications
Extreme™LG is a great choice for a wide range of applications and market segments
- Agricultural & Construction Equipment – for engine cover, fenders, canopies
- Medium & Heavy Truck – for front bumpers, battery covers, cab entenders
- Recreational Vehicles - for bumpers, light housings, wheel flares, engine covers
- Power Sports - for ATV fenders, flares, body armor, front hoods, canopies, accessories
- Automotive Aftermarket - for tonneau covers, scoops / spoliers, ground effects, step ups
- Lawn & Garden - for fenders, front hoods, instrument fronts, mower decks, canopies
- Marine - for kayak and paddle boat decks, instrument panels, light pods, storage covers
Extreme™ LG can be thermoformed in standard thermoforming ovens, although zoned ceramic or quartz heaters are recommended. Forming over temperature-controlled aluminum tooling results in the best part aesthetics. Molds made from fiberglass or epoxy, can be used for tooling prototyping or small part runs. Care must be taken in forming to heat sheet evenly and not overheat. Stock temperatures of approximately 340°F - 360°F are recommended targets, but each process should be adjusted to allow proper forming. As with any thermoplastic material, coefficient of thermal expansion and mold shrinkage should be considered for proper part fit and tooling design.
Colors & Textures
Extreme™LG is offered in a wide variety of custom colors for metaling, metallic colors available.
Availability Textures - Hair cell, calf, smooth
- Sheet Size maximum width is 92-inch
- Gauges 0.060 – 0.400-inch
Minimum Order - 5,000 lbs.
|Melt Flow Rate||D1238||g/10min||0.7|
|CLTE||D-696||-30 to 30°C||2.2x10-5|