Extreme™ D is a high performance polyolefin sheet which has been enhanced with a decorative pattern. For those OEM’s looking for design flexibility and a desire to differentiate their product with a camouflages, wood grains, marble, stone, graphite look, or custom solid colors Extreme™ D is the most cost effective product in the marketplace for large part thermoforming applications. Extreme™ D is a replacement option for painted surfaces or can act as an adhesion layer for painting TPO substrates.
Features and Benefits
- Molded in decorative pattern or solid colors
- Acrylic cap for scratch and mar protection
- Tough, high impact thermoplastic TPO substrate
- Good UV protection and resistance
- Paint surface without prime coat
- Wide thermoforming process window
- Vibration resistant
- Low CLTE for dimensional stability
Target Markets & Applications
Extreme™ D is a great choice for a wide range of applications and market segments
- Agricultural & Construction Equipment – for engine hoods, covers, fenders, instrument panels
- Medium & Heavy Truck – for front bumpers, air deflectors, tank flares
- Recreational Vehicles - for front bumpers, end caps, light bars, slide out covers
- Power Sports - for ATV fenders, body armor, front hoods, canopies, dash boards, accessories
- Automotive Aftermarket - for scoops/spoilers, body armor, ground effects, tonneau covers
- Lawn & Garden - for fenders, front hoods, instrument fronts, canopies
- Marine - for kayak and paddle boat decks, canoe body and instrument panels
Extreme™ D TPO Sheet can be thermoformed in standard thermoforming ovens, although zoned ceramic or quartz heaters are recommended. Forming over temperature-controlled aluminum tooling results in the best part aesthetics. Molds made from fiberglass or epoxy, can be used for tooling prototyping or small part runs. Care must be taken in forming to heat sheet evenly and not overheat. Stock temperatures of approximately 340 °F – 360 °F are recommended targets, but each process should be adjusted to allow proper forming. As with any thermoplastic material, coefficient of thermal expansion and mold shrinkage should be considered for proper part fit and tooling design.
Print Patterns & Solid Colors
Extreme™ D overlays are available in standard print patterns such as camouflages, graphite and wood grains as well as custom and solid colors.
Extreme™ D substrate layer is offered in a wide variety of custom colors for matching.
Available Textures – Smooth hair cell and calf
Extreme™ D is a custom extruded sheet product
- Sheet Size maximum width is 62-inch
- Gauges 0.060 – 0.400-inch
Minimum Order - 5,000 lbs. per production run. Acrylic film minimum order requirement is 800 lbs.
|Melt Flow Rate||D1238||g/10min||0.7|
|CLTE||D-696||-30 to 30°C||2.2x10-5|